Ice skating near me are fun places to be. In most cases, these rinks hold public sessions for anyone who is interested in skating. At times, the rinks have skating sessions for advanced skaters, house hockey games as well as training programs foe interested learners. The problem is not skating but rather where or how to find a good ice skating rink.
Ice Skating Near Me Map
Tips on how to find a good skating rink
A number of skating rinks exist today but finding the best is a problem. The following are helpful tips that you can use to find a good rink.
- Always consult with friends, especially known skaters
If you have friends who love skating and have mentioned rinks before, consult them on the available rinks before going out on your own.
- Seeking expert opinion
This can be from professional skaters such as the hockey players. They have probably toured a number of skating rinks in their careers so they definitely have ideas on where to find the best rinks.
- Belong to a skating club
Today skating clubs and program have been developed to help skaters nurture their talents. They have the knowledge on best skating practices as well as ideas on places where one can find most preferred ice skating rinks. With such information, it is a guarantee that you will find a good ice skating rink.
Types of ice skating rinks
There are three main types of ice skating rinks. These include;
- Natural ice rinks.
In these kind of rinks, the freezing of the water used in the rink occurs as a result of cold natural ambient temperatures.
- Artificial ice rinks
These are mechanically frozen ice rinks. In these type of rinks, a coolant is used to produce cold temperatures in surfaces below the water, causing the water to freeze.
- Synthetic ice rinks
In the synthetic ice skating rinks, the skating surface is made out of plastics.
Different types of skates
There a different types of skates, that can enable you take part in a number of skating activities such as skating hockey, figure skating, roller derbies and speed skating. To take part in such above mentioned activities, different types of skates have been made. They include;
- Speed skates, which are meant to go really fast.
- Outdoor skates, which are meant for outdoor skating as the name suggests.
- Indoor skates. These type of skates are made for use in rinks, ice skate dancing and also in rhythm skating.
- Roller derby skates. These ones are used in derby skating or in skating games. They are the type of skates that is designed to last long in the game.
- Kid skates, which are designed for young passionate skaters.
- Inline skates. These type of skates are of three types. They include;
- Roller hockey skates
- Recreational skates
- Racing skates
Tips on how to become a better ice skater
- Practice and make use of the locally available rinks
You have to practice to perfect your craft. Go out and practice. If you are lucky to have ice rinks near you, make good use of them. The more you practice, the better you become.
- Get skating lessons
We have skating experts. These experts are available at rink. Make use of them and always be willing to learn from them.
- Always warm up for skating slowly. By so doing, you will give your body time to adjust to the cold
Arenas as you progress with your skating.
- Skate in the right direction and do not lean back while skating
Keeping the right direction and not leaning back while skating ensures your stability, so that you do not fall. Helps even build up your confidence while skating.
- Always have the right skates on for the right activity, which are well tied.
Have an adventurous skating experience!!